The Construction Services Division is comprised of degreed professionals
and licensed engineers and geologists from the civil engineering and
construction contracting fields. The average length of service for the
firm’s well-qualified construction project managers is 15 years.
Experienced in all facets of construction administration including:
• preparation of contract documents,
• facilitate pre-construction meetings,
• provide full or part-time construction observation/inspection,
• review of shop drawings, manufacturer’s equipment literature,
samples and other submittals,
• review of contractor payment requests or reductions in letter of credits,
• preparation of change orders,
• monitoring construction progress,
• conduct final inspections,
• review contractors’ guarantees of work,
• preparation of construction record drawings,
• preparation of operation and maintenance manuals, and
• conduct post completion inspections for contractor warranty work.
Low Change Order Rate—Baxter & Woodman typically brings projects
in with a 1–3% change order rate, which is below the industry norm.
This is due to the:
• Quality of the firm’s designs,
• Clarity of the firm’s plans and specifications, and
• Experience of the firm’s construction managers.
The average length of service of the firm’s construction inspection
personnel is 10 years. They have a wealth of experience in all types
of municipal projects including construction of transportation, water
and wastewater facilities. Their expertise allows this group to anticipate
problems and reduce potential extra costs as construction progresses.
©2009 Baxter & Woodman Consulting Engineers